Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Mildred's Pound Cake

...or at least that's what I am calling it.

One reason I love my job so much: Patients appreciate you making them feel better so much that they bring you yummy desserts!

When they taste so good, I'll ask for the recipe hoping that it's not a family secret!

And since they share with me, I'll share with you :)

Clearly, Mildred wrote this down. And it shall forever be stored in my recipe collection!


All you need is:
*Duncan Hines Butter flavored cake mix
*4 eggs
*3/4 cup oil
*1/4 cup sugar
*1 small sour cream


Preheat your oven to 300 deg. Mix all the ingredients in one big bowl. Spray Pam on your bundt pan and sprinkle the whole thing with sugar (the more the better in my opinion).



Bake for 55 min. Mine wasn't quite done so I put kept in the oven for 5 more minutes and it was perfection. Let it cool and then flip it over!


I don't think I let mine cool long enough, because when I flipped it over, some of the cake broke off. Cake + cold glass of milk = Delish!

Mildred said I had to make this before she finished PT so we could see whose cake was better!

Tomorrow will tell all...

2 comments:

  1. Mmm, your cake is tasty perfection. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your cake up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/03/sweets-for-saturday-10.html perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy cake...I was bored today and decided to give it a try! Husband is a fan!

    ReplyDelete