Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, March 14, 2011

Quick Dinner

I'm learning to improvise when making dinner. I've come to notice many recipes just seem to make things much more difficult than necessary...

Like our dinner last night for instance...It called for a baguette and instructed you to put it in the food processor to make bread crumbs. Really???? Why not just use the kind that come in the canister?

So that's what I did!

Three chicken breasts sliced into 1-in thick pieces. Season with salt and pepper. Dip into a few beaten eggs and then drudge in the bread crumbs. Bake at 375 deg for about 15 minutes or until chicken is done.

Cook some rice and whole green beans and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.


The sauce is what made the chicken so yummy. I am not a huge fan of chicken. It usually tastes really dry to me and never has enough flavor. So I dip. The sauce was super easy and the best part, calorie-free! Not so much... 1/3 cup mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon water. Stir till blended and then drizzle over the chicken. I didn't try this, but I imagine it would have tasted really good on top of the rice!

Quick, easy, and tasty!

3 comments:

  1. Hey !
    You should try these two recipes - they are great for busy nights during the workweek and are so great! I have some more gormet recipes but during the workweek I dont always have time.
    Here are two great ones:
    1)Kristen’s Easy Chicken (serve with white rice)

    Preheat Oven to 350 (or you could do 325 but it may take longer)
    2-4 Chicken Breasts Wrapped in Bacon with Toothpicks to hold bacon on the chicken breast(boneless, skinless- I used the Costco ones- so they were really thick)
    ½ cup of Sour Cream
    1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
    Butter Casserole /Baking Dish and place bacon wrapped chicken breasts in it.
    Mix the soup and sour cream together and pour over chicken and bake for 1hour ish ..

    It will make a fabulous sauce. I do not like mushrooms- but you don’t have to like mushrooms to like this sauce- there is barely any mushroom really in cream of mushroom soup

    2) Crumbly Chicken (so delish)

    4-6 bonless Chicken Breasts or Tenders (i used CHICKEN TENDERS)
    2 sleeves Ritz Crackers Crushed
    1 cup or more of shredded Parmesean Cheese
    Cooking Oil
    Garlic Salt sprinkled in cracker mixture and if you want on top too

    Mix crushed ritz together with shredded parmesan. Dip Chicken in cooking oil and then in cracker mixture and coat thickley. Spray glass pan with cooking oil or I butter the baking dish and spread chicken out in single layer and Springled all the chicken with garlic salt .* Bake uncovered for 40-60 minutes (you can eyeball it) in 325 degree oven. I poor extra cracker mixture on top of the chicken.

    We loved this recipe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen! I am making the first one tonight! I'll let you know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete