Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Unstuffed Peppers

Excuse the poor quality of the iPhone photos, but it's all I got right now...

Sunday was time to be productive and get organized. I feel like when I go to the grocery, I buy way too much, spend too much, and end up tossing too much. So Sunday I planned out our meals for the week, made my ingredient list, cut my coupons, and headed to the grocery store.

Definitely didn't spend near as much as I typically could have. And more importantly, we won't be wasting perfectly good food!

Tonight's dinner: Unstuffed Peppers.

Super easy. Rather quick. Definitely tasty.

Here's whatcha need:
-2 green peppers
-1 onion (I only used half)
-1 10 oz bag of sliced white mushrooms
-1 pound of Italian sausage
-1 cup of long grain rice
-2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil


In a pot: bring 2 cups of water, 1 cup of long grain rice, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt to a boil and then cover and reduce heat to simmer. Leave simmering and covered for approx 30 or until tender. Remove from heat.


Meanwhile, heat skillet on medium heat and add 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and sausage to skillet. Brown sausage and then with a slotted spoon, add sausage to rice. Keep covered to stay hot.

Then in the same skillet, add another tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and the mushrooms, peppers, and onions. Salt and pepper to your liking. Cook until "crisp-tender" (whatever that means).


Then add your veggies to the sausage and rice!


Lots of flavor! Meat and veggies in one dish. Perfect. Easy. Even more perfect.

No idea why these turned out so small but you get the idea...

P.S. TOMORROW'S FRIDAY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment