Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Doctor's Update

This morning, I had a doctor's appointment to check on James and Mattie Rose and for the dreaded gestational diabetes test.

I must say, it was not bad at all. The only rough part was the whole not-eating-before-and-then-an-hour afterward. Fasting for this girl is never a good idea. Add pregnancy to it, and it's probably a good thing I went to this appointment alone. Hunger equals irritability.

The drink wasn't disgusting, really. It tasted like an orange soda gone flat. I was rather proud of my chugging skills this morning. Got it down in two minutes! It must be the over-achiever in me.

My children were misbehaving this morning. We had a talk before headed to the doctor about how well I expected them to do, to give us beautiful pictures of their faces, and to not be sticking their bottoms in each other's faces like they had last month. They totally didn't listen.... :)

Mattie Rose, who is baby A (meaning she is closer to my cervix and will be delivered first), has now turned breech. Which explains the painful shots to my internal organs I have been feeling lately. And James is still transverse across the top of my belly. Both of them were lying on their tummies today and refused to look at us, even when stimulated by this buzzing contraption the ultrasound tech place on my tummy.

Oh well.... Good news is they are growing just as they should be and everything looks great! Mattie Rose is weighing in at a whopping 2 pounds and 8 ounces. And James is just behind her at 2 pounds and 6 ounces.

The doctor sees no reason at this point why I wouldn't be able to make it full term. PTL! I want those babies cooking in their as long as they need to! He did however advise me that working once may hit may not be the best idea. His big concern is the possibility of pre-term labor and anything we can do to avoid that would be smart. This was tough for me to take in, not because I don't agree, but because I love my job and I love my work family and I love my patients. And while I know that greater things are to come, I feel as if I am going to have to grieve a loss in some sort of way.

Anywho, enough of that, because today for whatever reason has been an emotional day for me and I don't need to start the waterworks again.

I know posts are more interesting with pictures. So sorry the lack thereof. Blame it on the babies :)

Happy Hump Day! Hope everyone has a wonderful rest of the week! Finish strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment