Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Antiques and Automobiles

This past weekend we welcomed Week 26. Technically only 12 more weeks to go. It's crazy to think about. I totally am not prepared. Not that if you ever can be. I am still feeling pretty good. Mostly just exhausted at the end of the work day. Being on my feet all day wipes me out, but I am grateful that I am still able to work and that the babies are still handling it well also.


One more week until I get to see them again! CANNOT wait!


Back to the weekend...The McShans came to visit! Finally! They have passed through town several times since we got married, but have not spent a weekend visiting. We had a great time, doing a whole lot of nothing really. Friday night, we went to dinner at J. Alexander's and had lunch at Central BBQ on Saturday. After lunch we browsed a few antique stores in Midtown and came across several things I would have loved to have spent way too much money on...




{beautiful daybed..if you can look past all the pillows}





{loved this buffet}





{awesome console table, which was really a good price, though i have absolutely no room at my house for it}





{awesome bench - quite honestly, if you could find a piece of furniture like this, all it looks like it took was a strong sanding, a coat of paint, a scraper, and some finish}





{loved this dresser - i think because it reminds me of declan's dresser that alicia and redid before he was born}





{not quite sure what this was used for back in the day, but it reminded me of a card catalog..oh the storage possibilities!}





{this used to be a spice and pasta cabinet - very cool and very expensive}





{loved these dining room chairs - the bright paisley print really stood out against the dark wood}



After some antiquing, Kyle and I did the unthinkable...we test-drove MINIVANS! Yes, you read correctly. I always said I would NEVER own a minivan. However, I have watched friends struggle with lifting their little ones into the car. And then I think about loading up two kiddos. And doing so quickly and safely.



And it just kinda makes sense to us.... So the search begins for a good deal. As well as my brainstorming for a cooler word to replace minivan. :)





{loved the odyssey}



After church and lunch on Sunday, Ramona, my mother-in-law, wanted to snap a few pictures so we obliged. I was exhausted, uncomfortable, and not feeling very photogenic.





{big ole 26 week belly}





{and we of course can't have a blog post without that sweet pup of ours. he has no idea what is about to hit him with these babies coming}



Hope everyone has had a great start to their week!

No comments:

Post a Comment