Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Workin' 9 to 5

Make that 7 to 5:30 typically. But that's okay. Because I love my job. And I love my patients. And more than anything, I love the people I get to work with.

(And that's not to say that I don't complain every morning about wanting to sleep longer and not go to work, because I do complain quite often in the mornings. And at night too when I'm tired. But I'm grateful to be complaining about being tired from work, because that means I have a job when many don't.) This is what my mind does towards the end of the week. It's scrambled.

So back to the people who I love to work with.

I don't think there is another work-group that gets along better, helps each other out, makes each other laugh, supports one another in hard times, etc better than we do. Especially since it is all women. I feel like it is a very rare thing these days that a group of women can spend so much time together where there is no cattiness and where there is real authenticity.

The four of us make up two physical therapists, a physical therapist assistant, and one heck of an office manager.

Val is our fearless leader. She is one of the most selfless people I know. Always looking out for everyone else and bending over backwards to help people in whatever way she can.

Candice is the PTA. She is a trip. Never without a funny story or crazy dance move.

Phyllis. She's the one heck of an office manager I was telling you about. When she's out of the office, we go nuts. She keeps the ship running straight. She is our mama-bird at work.

And not only do we work together, we play together. Val, Candice, and I at the Carrie Underwood concert (the most exciting thing I have done in the past month).

No comments:

Post a Comment