Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, November 13, 2010

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

...at least at the McShan household.

My little brother is grounded right now, so in an attempt to be a good big sister and get him out of the house, yet at the same time make sure he is serving his "punishment", I had him help me transfer our Christmas tree from my mom's house to mine and assembled it. There is no way I could have done it myself. That things is huge and weighs a ton!

I felt a little guilty and like I was jumping the gun even thinking about doing it. I'm normally the one playing Scrooge when Christmas music is on the radio before Thanksgiving. And it's not because I don't like Christmas. I do. It's my favorite holiday. I just like for each holiday to gets its own attention. But we are so busy these days, I knew if I didn't get it this weekend, we (and by "we" I mean "I") would never get it done.

My guilty feelings of overlooking Thanksgiving quickly got whisked away in the smell of cinnamon, the glow of lights, and the warmth of the fireplace stockings.

I won't post any pictures until it's complete (which should be at some point tonight ha). But I will post a picture of two items on my list to Santa. And by Santa, I mean my mother.
I am becoming more and more obsessed with Ballard Designs. It's almost like Christmas when I get a new catalog in the mail. I browse and browse dreaming of the day when I can purchase whatever the heck I want out of there without the thought of student loans and truck payments hindering me :)
I LOVE these wall prints.

And in the words of Rachel Zoe, I die when I see this chair.
And die again when I think of it wrapped in this fabric.

This is just a start!

More to come soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment