Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Matzo Much

So last night I did not feeling like cooking anything wonderfully difficult to make. I instead decided to introduce Kyle to a little taste of the Jewish influence in my life. For those who read who don't know, my dad's side of the family is Jewish, and I have been benefiting from the delicious-ness of this since birth. Matzo ball soup. The easiest thing ever to make. One box. Two eggs. Two tablespoons vegetable oil.
Combine package 1 with two eggs and two tablespoons vegetable oil in a bowl. Mix until even. Put this in the fridge for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, boil some water in a 4-quart pot with the seasoning in package 2.
Once water is boiling and the mixture has been in the fridge for 15 min, wet your hands and roll the mixture into 1-inch diameter balls (think smaller than you would a cookie because these bad boys EXPAND!).
Once all the balls are in, cover and reduce heat to simmer for 20 minutes.
Bless your food and you're ready to eat.
Kyle attempted. He pondered. He walked away. Not so much, or should I say matzo much. (I try, I try) First time he has ever not eaten something I cooked. Gigi will be so offended :) Props for trying babe. I'm proud that you even attempt to expand your palette!
So I had leftovers for lunch today, which was perfect since it was ugly and rainy outside!

2 comments:

  1. I'm surprised he didn't try to put ketchup on them before giving up...I've heard for years about his "ketchup addiction" :)

    ReplyDelete