Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, August 27, 2010

New Life

I have been waiting for today for several weeks now.

I have been having to keep a secret.

I hate secrets. I hate when people know one that you don't know. I hated when kids in my third grade class would whisper secrets and share them. I am a firm supporter of the "secrets, secrets are no fun..." chant.

So I am excited to share mine.

One of my best and dearest friends Alicia and Patrick are expecting their first child!!!!!

You didn't think this post was going to be about me, did you? I'm not expecting anything other than to gain ten more pounds from all the ice cream I have been eating. But that's another post for another day.

Today is about them! I love them. They are my people. I can't count how many times I used to spend the night with them when they were first married. Totally invading of me, but if I was in distress, they opened the door and the guest bed. And either Gidget or Riley to snuggle with (the chihuahuas). They are insanely in love with one another it's almost sickening. But it's not. Because loving your spouse unconditionally and selflessly is a wonderful and rare thing. So knowing the capability they have to love, leaves no doubt that anything will be any different with their new little addition!

I am so excited for the two of them. And selfishly, I am excited that I get a new little "niece/nephew" to spoil rotten until the day when the Lord decides to bless Kyle and I with our heritage. Psalm 127:3 says "Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward." A gift.

Patrick and Alicia, I love you both dearly! I could not be more excited for the richness that is about to be added to your lives and I am so grateful and honored and privileged to get to be a part of it!

1 comment:

  1. That was so sweet! I teared up a little (of course). Baby is going to love his/her Aunt Courtney! Love you!

    ReplyDelete