Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, May 23, 2011

El Salvador Update

Sorry, it has been a little while since I have updated everyone on the status of my trip. Here's the latest:

1. I HAVE RAISED ALL MY SUPPORT!!!! I am telling yall, prayer is powerful! To have raised over $2,000 in less than two months is only possible by the grace of God and him stirring the hearts of those who love Him. I must give a big, big thank you to those who have supported me both financially and prayerfully! I would not be leaving in four days without you! Please continue to pray for the trip: for safety, for travel ease through customs (we have lots o' meds going with us), and for the hearts of the people of the nation to hear and receive the Word.

2. My passport came in just fine! Though it cost me a little money, they held true to their word and expedited it rather quickly. If anyone needs a travel document quickly, I highly recommend using g3visas.com. Super polite to work with (especially when I was calling everyday to check on the status).

3. I have collected a good bit of items to take down with me for PT. I have lots of braces, theraband, and crutches. This is all thanks to my awesome co-workers around the Memphis area who cleaned out their clinics for me! If anyone has any wheelchairs, canes, walkers, etc they are wanting to get rid of, let me know!

4. I have not been feeling well the past few days, so some prayers for rest and healing would be appreciated. This trip is physically taxing on the PTs as we are having to perform therapy and treatment on army-like cots. I need all the strength I can get!

I think that it mostly it for now....

However, just to boast a little (which I know is horrible)...This girl managed to pack for eight days, everything I need into a carry on suitcase and a backpack. I'll prove it in pictures next post!

I leave early Saturday morning and plan on updating the blog while I am down there if time permits.

Thank you again to everyone who made a donation. I do not deserve the love and support of incredible friends and family that you all have shown me!

No comments:

Post a Comment