Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, May 8, 2011

What A Week...

This has been one of those looooooong weeks that by Tuesday you were wishing it were Friday!

Our computers were down at work for two days, and as silly as it sounds, we literally cannot do any work other than work on our patients when that happens. So we spent many hours catching up on our documentation. Makes for one tired and not so happy physical therapist.

I spent last week staying at Mom and Mike's to keep my little brother while they were away on a trip. Thursday morning, Kyle called me to let me know that Jake, our 5-month old English setter, had a new friend...

This sweet little face wandered up to our front door with no collar or tag:


I have posted signs throughout our neighborhood and called the humane society, but no one has claimed her yet. We are sure what type of dog she is, but it looks like she has somewhat of a beagle and terrier type face and huge paws. She is little right now but I have a feeling she is going to be a sturdy girl!

If anyone in the High Point area is looking for a lost pup, let me know. We also are not planning on keeping her, BUT I am not very keen on the thought of dropping her at a shelter. She is too pretty and sweet for that. I haven't named her for fear of attachment, so I have been calling her "little girl" and she is beginning to respond to it, which does not help at all with my heart melting over her.


Saturday morning, I was incredibly productive! All laundry and bills paid before noon! Rather impressed with myself :) I did not even attempt to clean with two puppies running around...

Saturday afternoon, my brother, Kyle, and I headed to Round 2 Game 3 of the playoffs. I am so proud of the Grizz and so grateful that we have been able to attend most of the playoff games. It's exciting to see the team work together for a common goal!

The stadium was a white-out with yellow "growl-towels."


And after a 15 point deficit, the Grizz came back in overtime to clench Game 3!


After the game we saw Westbrook (a player for OKC Thunder) who denied my little brother an autograph. Not cool.


My brother was able to get an autograph and a very blurry picture (by way of my husband) from one of the other players. I have no idea who it was.


And then on our way home from the game, Marc Gasol pulled up next to us and we (and by we, I mean Kyle and my brother-I was too star struck I think) chatted with him. He had a very pretty girl in the seat next to him. Of course, right... I kindly let him pull in front of us and then in true creeper mode, I snapped a picture of his ride...


And now today we celebrate Mother's Day. With Kyle's parents in East Tennessee and my mom away on a trip, it's just the two of us. And our two kiddos, I mean pups...


Though we both desire to be parents one day, Jake is our little one for now. And with Kyle's help, he gifted me with this sweet and funny mother's day card.


He signed it and all!


I love some encouragement :)


Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies out there! What a blessing it is to be given the responsibility of stewarding a child's life well. I pray that God will bless me in the same way some day!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word this card is so cute! haha. Kyle is so creative.

    ReplyDelete