Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Return to El Salvador


Friends, family, and whoever else may read this blog...

After much prayer and consideration, I have decided to head back to El Salvador for a week-long medical and dental trip (and physical therapy, nursing, optometry, and pharmacy).

For those of you who know me, you know that two years ago this trip changed my life. It was there that I met my wonderful, godly husband and that I first heard about Downline, a 9-month disciple-making training program (which Kyle and I are close to completing).

The trip is scheduled for May 28 through June 5. Yes, I have pushed the limit on time. And that's where you guys come in....

I would greatly appreciate prayers and support as you are able to provide. The trip is going to cost somewhere close to $2,300. With student loans and new careers, I am unable to fully pay for the trip. If you could join me in prayer for the following as I quickly prepare for this trip, I would be greatly appreciative, more than words could express:
  • That my passport renewal would be processed quickly and that I would receive it well in advance of leaving for the trip
  • That God would bless others with the financial means to support and bless me as I can bless others through their gifts
  • That God would prepare the hearts of the people of Santa Ana,El Salvador to hear and receive the Good News
  • That logistically, God would prepare the way for a smooth entry and effective week of providing solid medical care and spiritual impact
I believe in the power of prayer. And I trust that the Lord will supply the provisions needed to carry His word and love to El Salvador.

If you or anyone you know would like to contribute financially, please email me at courtneywmcshan@gmail.com to learn how. And prayers are just as important and just as appreciated as financial support!

In the meantime, enjoy some pictures from my first trip to El Salvador...

{marcos and i-pastor mauricio's grandson}


{doing some PT with the help of the amazing betsy}


{laura and i with one of our patients-he looooved to play soccer}


{this lady was close to 100, heart of a child}


{this guy had a tough time with Guillian-Barre and had some residual paralysis}


{we were able to take up an offering to purchase him a new wheelchair}


{me with sweet kevin and his grandmother, eliza}


{could not and did not want to let go of that sweet face}


{this sweet angel had many developmental delays. broke my heart. but he would just look at you with the most loving, trusting eyes. I'm sure I cried myself to sleep in prayer that night.}


{no caption necessary}


{before checking out of the clinic and going to the pharmacy, he patient meets with a counselor to discuss their spiritual health}


{and last but not least, where I got to see this man serve others so humbly. yet little did I know that God was showing me the heart of my future husband- and p.s., he never looks more attractive than he does when he is working for the Lord}

Sweet dreams to you all and thank you for supporting me and the call to minister to others that God has placed on my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment