Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, December 20, 2010

Monkeyin' Around

This was the first weekend I have been at home in a month. And man, was it nice.

We actually slept in for a change. And by sleeping in, I mean I slept until 8:00. I'm a 40 year old trapped in a 20-somethings body. (I also go to bed before 9:30, but that's neither here nor there.)

While Kyle slept a little longer, I got up and made a little monkey bread for breakfast.

Super easy recipe.

All you need is a four-pack of Pillsbury buttermilk biscuits.Sugar.Brown Sugar.Butter.Cinnamon.

Pull the biscuits apart and cut into quarters.
In a ziploc bag, pour in 2/3 cup sugar and 2 tsp of cinnamon. Place the quartered dough into the bag and shake shake shake.
In a greased bundt pan (first time I've used this bad boy), place the sugar-cinnamon dough into layers.
Melt 1/2 cup butter and then mix I forget how much brown sugar (but it seemed like a lot). Pour this mixture over the layers of dough.
Pop in the over at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Once it's done, flip it over onto a dish. Be careful. It can make a sticky mess.
And here it is in all its delicious glory.

Oh so good! Tastes like one big cinnamon roll!

1 comment:

  1. yummo! looks good! I go to bed at 9:15 and love it. hope you have a merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete