Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, August 18, 2012

First Birthdays

Since the babies seemed to be doing well after their shots last Friday, we managed to make it to our friends Jon and Tracey's house Saturday morning to celebrate their daughter Callie's 1st birthday. The twins first birthday party!!! They did pretty well, but tired out quickly so we headed home to nap the afternoon away. 


{the birthday girl callie}


{loved her cupcake}


{james}


{impossible to take a good picture of the two of them together}


{after her mini melt-down}

Tuesday was my 27th birthday and my first birthday as a mommy... CrAzY!!!! Looking back, I never would have imagined my life looking like it does. I am so glad that the Lord tell us in Isaiah, "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." He knew exactly what I would need at this point in my life. And now, I couldn't imagine life looking any differently. An unbelievably selfless and loving husband, two adorable children, and an incredible family and group of friends. 

During the day, my sweet friend Christina, who just had a baby girl several weeks ago, treated me to froyo at Yogurt Mountain, and then Mattie Rose, James, and I walked over to Carter's to find something for them to wear for pictures next month. While we were there, two women decided to load up some shopping bags with goodies and book it out the front door using their five-finger-discount. One of the women was pregnant and fell during her escape. I have been trying to pay more attention to opportunities where the Lord is trying to speak to me. And typically, my judgmental flesh would have been annoyed with the shoplifting, but my first inclination was to pray for her and her growing baby in utero. We all need grace...

Tuesday night we went over to my mom and Mike's for dinner. Mom made my traditional birthday dinner of crab legs, and then I opened some gifts!


{new rain jacket from kyle - lost mine in el salvador last year and never bought a new one - and funny story, the afternoon before i got caught in a monsoon leaving babies r us and called kyle to complain about needing a new rain jacket. he had bought it two weeks before. why i love him. please excuse the lack of make-up and grooming ha.}


{my new obsession - the frye paige riding boots in gray- ask and you shall receive! never thought anyone would take me seriously, but my mom and mother-in-law gifted them to me! can't wait for cooler weather}


{my sweet family after dinner - james was tired}


{birthday loving after bath time - the best birthday present i could ask for}

The rest of the week was rather enjoyable as well with a CAbi party at mom's Wednesday, lunch and consignment sale with some friends on Thursday, and a trip to Target and Pottery Barn Outlet on Friday. I am thoroughly enjoying my time home with the babies and keeping the house running!

I hope everyone has a relaxing weekend and enjoys the cooler weather! Looking forward to a walk around the neighborhood once James and Mattie Rose wake up from their nap! 

1 comment:

  1. can we get more pics of you in your rain jacket please?

    ReplyDelete