Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Final Countdown

Literally....

As I write this from our labor and delivery room, I can't even fathom how I am going to sleep tonight.

It's like Christmas Eve. Who really sleeps well the night before receiving gifts? Not this girl, that's for sure.

We weren't supposed to be here until noon tomorrow, however at my final doctor's appointment today, my protein levels and blood pressure were still very high. The doctor thought it would be wise to monitor me and the babies overnight, just in case. So here we are. All checked in and playing the waiting game.

Fortunately, I don't have to keep the monitors on all night. Unfortunately, labor and delivery room beds are made for just that. Labor and delivery. Not sleep. So hopefully, we can manage some decent sleep tonight (the Ambien the nurse offered will definitely be accepted gratefully).

As I think back over the past 36 weeks, I stand amazed at how the Lord works and how His creation plays out in the circle of life. To think back to our horrible first trimester where I was puking my guts out all day long for 3 months straight and how James and Mattie Rose developed perfectly in the midst of my inadequacy boggles my mind. There is no explanation. Well there is. And it's Him! And how here we are 3 1/2 weeks early. Which for twins isn't so bad. They may arrive teeny tiny tomorrow, but I have complete faith that the same God who began this good (in my opinion exquisite) work in me, will complete it and it will be so much more than I could ever imagine it to be!

I think about how I could not have made it through this pregnancy without some pretty fantastic support. From my mom taking Kyle and I in when I was so sick and couldn't take care of myself or my family. To other family members who have been in constant prayer for us and the babies. To sweet friendships and sisterhood who have let me cry and yell and then encouraged me. To my WONDERFUL husband, who rightfully deserved to call me lots of ugly names, yet showed me nothing but grace and selfless, servant love.

So we countdown til 2:00 tomorrow afternoon when surgery is scheduled and covet all prayers!!!

Sweet dreams!

1 comment:

  1. Saying prayers for you, Kyle, James and Mattie Rose today! I can't wait to see the pictures. What an exciting day!!

    ReplyDelete