Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, April 20, 2012

Weekly Update: 30 Weeks Brings Craziness

Before I even start this post, forgive me if things are out of place or look funny. Blogger keeps changing their format and I can't quite keep up.

We are rounding out week 30 today and I must say things had been pretty uneventful until this past week. Let's start off on a good note, shall we?

This past Sunday, my wonderful work family threw me (or should I say James and Mattie Rose) our first shower. It was beautiful, more than anything I could have expected, and just made me and our little mcnuggets feel so overwhelmingly special. 

Here are a few pictures from the day. I was so mad at myself when we left because I did not take ANY pictures. These are all from my mother-in-law and a few someone snapped off my camera. I wish I had taken more pictures of everyone who was there and all the special details throughout the house.


{the table - the MOST delicious food i have ever eaten at a shower}


{mattie rose's sweet diaper cake}


{and one for james}


{the cute invitations}


{delicious cake - i hated to even cut into it}


{the goods}


{my awesome work family - candice, phyllis, me, and val}


{a few of the guests}


{my friend megan made this handsome little onesie for james}


{and a matching dress for mattie rose}


{mom had to get a little spoiled too with a brag book}


{my 2nd momma sami bought me a huge travel tote bag that i had been eyeing at vera bradley for several months - we are going to need big bags with two babies - love it}


{pack-n-play from my sweet grandmother}


{just some of the swag we got}

I had the nursery all clean prior to the shower, and when we got home it was destroyed with loads of incredible gifts!!!! I am totally not complaining. Everyone was way too generous to us and our little ones! 

Sunday must have been way too much excitement for me, because at work on Monday morning, I began to experience a good amount of pressure and some cramping. I took the afternoon off and decided to go home and rest. On the way home, I had a little feeling inside me saying "you may just want to stop by the doctor's office." Good thing I did because I was having contractions. Even though I was not dilated or anything like that, the doctor finally called it quits on work. 

He sent me to the hospital to try and see if getting some fluids would stop the contractions. They helped, but were not enough. After two injections of Terbutaline they finally stopped and I was sent home with instructions to "take it easy." I think I needed a little more specifics...

While "taking it easy" on Tuesday and Wednesday, I organized all the presents from the shower and tried to get a few things in order around the house. Apparently this was too much, because Wednesday afternoon I started to have quite a bit of back pain. I didn't think much about it at first, but as the pain got worse throughout the night and brought me to tears, I decided to call the doctor to make sure that this wasn't something uncommon or wasn't something I needed to go to see someone about. He told me to head to the hospital.... Wonderful. 

So about 2:00 Thursday morning I woke Kyle up and we headed in. Sure enough it was contractions again. This time they skipped the fluids and went ahead and gave me two shots of Terbutaline and then an oral dose of Procardia. They decided to do an ultrasound to make sure both James and Mattie Rose were doing okay since I told them that they had not been moving as much as they normally do. They did a little test on each them, just looking to make sure their bodies were doing specific things. James scored an 8 out of 8, and Mattie Rose scored a 6 out of 8. Both passing scores, but for this over-achieving momma, I was a little upset why she didn't have a perfect score. They were having trouble seeing her diaphragm move. And of course, this freaked me out. They told me it was not a red flag and not to be worried, but really.... So after leaving the hospital around 9:30 in the morning, with no sleep the night before, I headed home and crashed the rest of the day. 

We followed-up at the doctor's office this morning to have another ultrasound performed. Mattie Rose and I had a little chat prior to, where I was teaching her what it means to be obedient: do what you're told, when you're told, with a good attitude (never too early to start, right?). She apparently is a quick learner, because she quickly scored an 8 out of 8 today!!! I was proud! 

So everyone is perfect as of right now! I am now on bed rest with bathroom and shower privileges only until told otherwise. And if you know me, sitting around is not something I do very well so I will definitely covet any prayers in this area! 

We go back to the doctor for our 32 week check up next Thursday, so I will post some new stats on the babies then. 

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment