Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Sunday Fiesta

Two weeks after my Phoenix trip, I threw a shower for my boss, Valerie. She is getting married in October and Juan, her fiance, is originally from Mexico. So a fiesta-themed shower seemed only right :)

We had the shower at my house which I was a little nervous about since our house is not very big. But it ended up being just the right size to hold ALL the food, ALL the guests (almost everyone invited attended), and ALL the presents (and believe me, there were a ton)!

I get a little frantic when playing hostess making sure everything is just the way I like it, so my pictures of the set up are not the best. I was in a last minute mad dash to take pictures before everyone got there. So please excuse my poor quality of pictures...

Candice, Valerie, Me, and Phyllis. My work family. And I mean family in every sense of the word.

The HOT seat.


One of the tables. Cupcakes, chips, invitations, etc...


Food shot!


7 layer dip.


Mexican Plum Tomato Cups.


Veggie tray.


Another shot.


Tea, Punch, Water.


Other side of the main food table.


Salsa Lime Bean Dip.


The Betrothed.


More drinks.


More food.


My friend Lauren had chili pepper lights that I strung across our arch-way.


Lime and Salt popcorn. If you haven't had this, you MUST try! I'm obsessed...


Ceviche-style shrimp cocktail and a chicken fajita crescent braid.


Guest shot.


Eating, drinking, and being merry.


Presents begin!!!!


Keeping track of ALL those goodies was a tough job, but I have had much experience in this department :)


One of my elderly patients made these pot-holders for Val. One was a pair of boy shorts and these were the girl's. So cute!


Val doesn't drink alcohol, and was a little unsure about what this gift was... She got a quick lesson.


The Boss and me. Love love love her!


Val and Juan! I wish you a very happy wedding and marriage!!! Love you both! Mucho!

No comments:

Post a Comment